Shockwave therapy – a new service in Carolina Medical Center
3 września 2021
We are pleased to inform that from Monday the 6th of September we are introducing new service – SHOCKWAVE THERAPY. It is generated under high pressure in a very short time and has a low frequency. As a result, after placing the device head on the painful spot, the wave reaches the deep layers of the skin and hits the pain site precisely. It is a completely safe and non-invasive treatment method.
- Shockwave therapy is very effective. The advantages include:
- elimination of pain - shockwave non-invasively stimulates cell membranes and nerve endings;
- stimulating metabolism - blood circulation is much more efficient after shockwave therapy. In addition, the production of collagen is improved. The shockwave will also reduce scars and stretch marks;
- relaxation - shockwave treatment reduces muscle tension, which makes us feel stress-free and relaxed after the treatment.
- Shockwave therapy can be used as part of rehabilitation. The indications are:
- spine pain;
- inflammation or irritation of tendons (tendinitis);
- painful shoulder syndrome;
- lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow);
- Achilles tendon pain;
- hip pain;
- shoulder pain;
- increased muscle tone;
- pain after injuries;
- snapping hip syndrome (dancer’s hip);
- patellar tendonitis (jumper's knee);
- calcaneal spur (heel spur).
Shockwave therapy should be performed in series, and the effects are visible after approx. 3-5 treatments. They should be performed several days apart. This therapy has an analgesic and stimulating effect.