Postural disorders are the root cause of many pains. Incorrect load distributions negatively impact our feet. Nearly 50% of Poles have some defects and distortions of feet, but only few decide to undertake treatment.
Podiatry treats feet and ankle-joint disorders. Correctly conducted podiatric examination can bring you the solution to chronic pains of several body parts. A large amount of defects can be corrected with orthopaedic insoles.
It is important for a patient not to choose insoles themselves, but use professional help, undergo tests and use only properly prepared insoles made from the best raw materials.
PERSONAL ORTHOPAEDIC INSOLES
Every foot is different. Only customized orthopaedic insoles will provide your feet with proper position, preventing you from postural defects, pains and lesions.
Properly selected and properly made insoles bring back proper load distributions to your feet and by correcting your feet position they impact upper parts of kinetic chain (knee-hip-spine).
Insoles aid your locomotor system by creating additional support for passive anatomical structures, thus preventing fatigue damages. They decrease leg loads and fatigues, supporting foot-stabilising muscles. Finally, by improving movement ergonomics, they help to prevent injuries and speed up tissue regeneration after lower limbs surgeries.
Personal orthopaedic insoles:
- improve movement comfort – decrease load distribution, as well as leg and spine fatigues, eliminate pain
- improve comfort of playing sports – they impact movement ergonomics, minimise overloads and absorb intensified stresses during physical activity, thus they help to prevent injuries and reach better training results.
- adjust children and youth feet position – they impact load relief and correct position of knee, hips and spine, preventing many defects. A correction of walk of children must be undertaken as fast as possible, ideally when little one starts to walk without his diaper.
- compensate feet defects of adults – prevent disorders on higher parts of the kinetic chain
- help adjust and prevent disorders of the locomotor system like a flat foot, a high instep, a diabetic foot, a bunion, a heel valgus, a heel spur or uneven limbs length.
- prevent lesions
- support regeneration of tissue – especially after lower-limb surgeries.
Orthopaedic insoles are made with professional, shock-absorbing materials. The key to success is adapting every material independently to each fragment of one’s foot and footwear. We offer insoles for every kind of footwear, including high-heels and ski boots
File to download: Insoles_instruction
Selection of proper insoles starts with a podiatric examination, which lasts for 30 minutes. Effective insoles must be properly chosen. This is possible only through podiatric examination.
Orthopaedic insoles effectiveness is impacted by:
- complex podiatric examination
- quality of materials used during insoles production
- adapting insoles to different types of footwear
- correcting insoles with a progression of treatment.
Podiatrist consultation starts with medical history, establishing a level and a location of pain. The examination in the Carolina Medical Center consists of measuring foot parameters with a podoscope, a photograph taken from underneath, as well as measuring foot pressure during walking and running. The examination is supplemented with video analysis of movement technique, prepared with three-dimensional video system (3D) and measuring a strength of ground reaction, measured with three systemic dynamometric platform during walking, running and jumping.
A podiatrist creates your foot model, which will be used to create insoles. They will be adjusted not only to your foot but also your footwear type. It is worth deciding for one pair of insoles for every type of footwear: everyday, sport, smart. Insoles can be created even with huge feet deformation. You have to bring your footwear to the examination and insoles collection (approximately 7 days after your examination).
Orthopaedic insoles are made with the latest technologies and are manually finished using different types of specialistic, shock-absorbing materials. Those materials have different density and thickness, regarding their purpose.
Complimentary follow up appointments
After 4-6 weeks of wearing insoles we strongly recommend a follow up visit. If insoles still need to be adjusted you can make another appointment with our podiatrist. In the Carolina Medical Center, follow up visits are free of charge for 6 months. When visiting a podiatrist bring your insoles and your footwear with you.
Changing your insoles
Insoles life-span varies between 6 to 18 months, depending on a level of physical activity and type of sport you are undertaking.