Carolina Medical Center’s primary goal is to cure the patient and to ensure safety and comfort at every stage of treatment. The hospital holds the quality management certificate ISO9001:2008 in Complex Medical Care within the range of orthopaedics, sports medicine, rehabilitation and diagnostic imaging. We provide the highest standard of care with access to the latest technology, comfortable conditions of treatment and – above all – the full involvement of highly qualified and experienced doctors and physiotherapists. Our medical personnel is constantly improving qualifications, follows the progress of global medical knowledge, actively participates in congresses and symposia, completes internships in world renowned medical centres.
For several years now we have noted the steady increase in interest in our products among patients from abroad. We make every effort to ensure the highest standard of medical care on top of well-being and comfort of our patients. We understand how stressful and difficult staying away from home and family might be for a patient.
Prior to contacting Carolina Medical Center please try to gather all the information regarding your medical conditions as well as all medical documents such as:
- hospital discharges,
- descriptions of radiological tests,
- digital X-rays, MRI, CT scans.
We will ask you to send us this information together with filled-in Initial Interview either via e-mail to email@example.com, by fax to +48223558479, by post to our address or using any of the transfer websites (for example: www.wetransfer.com, www.yousendit.com, www.sizablesend.com, www.dropsend.com, www.sendspace.com etc.) together with information on preferred date for your visit.
Your documents will be forwarded to the doctor for the preliminary evaluation. Within 2 working days you will receive a response from our Patient Coordinator with important information concerning your treatment:
- initial cost estimation,
- length of stay in the hospital,
- the time that will be needed for the proposed treatment with the necessary rehabilitation,
- proposal date of your visit,
- name and details of the doctor who would be taking care of you,
We will do our best to answer all your questions and dispel doubts so that you gained confidence that your stay would be comfortable and the process of healing and recovery would run as efficiently as possible.
Once you decide to undergo treatment in our hospital, we will help you to prepare your visit by:
- arranging all initial consultations and diagnostic tests in preferred time,
- issuing you a confirmation of visits letter for visa purposes, if required,
- contacting your insurance company to arrange direct billing, if you hold private insurance.
During your stay at Carolina Medical Center, we will provide you with the highest standard of medical services whilst respecting your dignity, we will show you full understanding and empathy. This will be assured not only by our team of doctors, but also by other healthcare professionals and administration staff.
Throughout your stay the following will be arranged:
- assistance of coordinator who will schedule all your medical consultations, medical treatment, tests, rehabilitation sessions,
- possible access to newspapers or literature in your language (additional charges apply according to current newspapers and books purchase prices)
- access to Internet and foreign TV programmes,
- current information on the nature and cost of your treatment.
A patient usually stays in Poland for 4 weeks for treatment:
- week 1 – we perform all necessary diagnostic and lab tests, and final treatment proposal is prepared
- week 2 – surgery and hospital stay
- week 3 and 4 – patient is advised to stay in the nearby hotel and attend physiotherapy
After finishing your treatment in Carolina Medical Center you will receive:
- medical documentation gathered during treatment in Polish language. We can also arrange translation of these documents – additional charges apply;
- instructions and recommendations from the doctor and physiotherapist on how to proceed after returning home;
- list of necessary medications and doctor’s instructions on how to take your medicines;
- contact details of your doctor;
- complete information on the costs and bills for medical services received.
We encourage our patients to contact us 6 and 12 weeks after the operation to inform the operating doctor if there are any discomforts in relation to the operation.
For more information please contact: