The Urology Department at the Carolina Medical Center was established in cooperation with HIFU CLINIC. This is the first center in Poland offering patients comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer.
Prostate cancer is the second cancer after lung cancer occurring in men over the age of 40. Currently, 15 thousand people in Poland are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year*. Prevention of this disease is extremely important, as prostate cancer develops asymptomatically. Early diagnosis gives a high chance of full recovery.
It is for these reasons the Carolina Medical Center established the Urology Department in cooperation with the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Center - patients have access to specialist consultations, full diagnostics and surgical treatment in one place.
*Conference "Facts and myths about prostate cancer and bladder cancer", 4.12.2018, Warsaw.
This is the first stage of treatment of urological diseases. The HIFU CLINIC medical team are qualified and experienced urologists specializing in the conservative and surgical treatment of prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence.
Urological consultation usually lasts for 20 minutes. It is recommended for all men, not only those with discomfort associated with urination or increased concentration of PSA in the blood, but also as a preventive examination!
At the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Center at the Carolina Medical Center, we work with a unique team of doctors who specialize in the diagnosis of urological diseases. Owing to modern equipment, dedicated to urological diagnostics, they are able to recognize ailments and select the appropriate treatment based on the results of the tests.
- 4Kscore® Molecular Test – The 4K test combines four prostate-specific biomarkers with clinical information to provide you with an accurate and personalized measure of the risk for prostate cancer. The 4K can be used prior (before) to biopsy, or after a negative biopsy, and can predict the likelihood of cancer spreading to other parts of the body in the next 20 years.
This test is completely non-invasive and painless - it is performed by taking the blood sample in our clinic.
The 4K test checks the level of 4 different proteins present in your bloodstream, coming from the prostate gland: total PSA concentration, free PSA concentration, intact PSA and the level of human kallikrein-associated peptidase 2.
The 4K test avoids unnecessary risk of complications that can arise from biopsy.
If you use of medicines containing finasteride or dutasteride for 6 months before the study- please let us know.
The result is available after about 4 weeks.After receiving the diagnostic results, we will arrange next consultation to discuss it with the doctor.
- SELECTMDX™ liquid biopsy genetic test – Liquid biopsy it is noninvasive laboratory test. It is performed on a urine sample.
Liquid biopsy measures the expression of two genes correlated with prostate cancer presence.
Is a test dedicated to men with elevated PSA levels interested in prostate cancer prevention
Result clearly presents the % risk of discovering prostate cancer during a prostate biopsy procedure. The test also distinguishes between low-grade and aggressive prostate cancer.
The price of the test includes:
- Urological consultation
- DRE test ( digital rectal examination)
- prostate gland ultrasound
- urine sample collection and genetic analysis of the collected material
The result is available after two weeks.
After receiving the diagnostic results, we will arrange next consultation to discuss it with the doctor.
- Prostate multiparameter magnetic resonance imaging (PI-RADSv2.1) – is used for routine evaluation of lymph nodes of clinical importance for the gland, and of other structures covered by the examination. A radiology specialist evaluates the scan using three basic imaging techniques for comprehensive assessment of pathological foci. With this method, the urologist can perform a precise biopsy of suspicious cancer foci.
The result is available after about 6 days. After receiving the diagnostic results, we will arrange next consultation to discuss it with the doctor.
- Positron emission tomography with PSMA labelling (68GA-PSMA-PET/MRI) – it is a nuclear medicine technique. Internal radiation is emitted by various chemical compounds labelled by radioactive isotopes (radiopharmaceuticals) prepared for each scan according to indications and a visualised area.
In positron emission tomography a registered image results from the internal radiation (versus standard radiology, where a source of radiation is external). This method is completely painless (except the intravenous injection before the exam) and the Patient can return home on the same day.
With use of the 68Ga-PSMA-PET MRI technique at the HIFU CLINIC Prostate Cancer Treatment Centre, we are the first centre in Poland offering its patients an access to the most sensitive diagnostic imaging method possible when recurrence is suspected after prostate cancer treatment.
The result is available after about 2 weeks.
- Fusion prostate biopsy – a fusion prostate biopsy is the most advanced diagnostic technique available in prostate cancer detection. Patients receive the results generated in a 3D technology - of prostate MRI and transrectal ultrasound. The imaging technique allows for the elimination of any possible deformations which occur during movement of tissues during MRI imaging and during the fusion biopsy. This innovative procedure, as it is performed transperineally (through the skin of the perineum) is a very safe procedure, in comparison with the transrectal approach. It is performed in intravenous anaesthesia in hospital ward conditions and the entire hospital stay is limited to 2.5 hours. The risk of periprocedural complications is reduced to a minimum, and the risk of sepsis, a serious generalised blood infection is less than 0.01%.
The histopathology result is available after 2-3 weeks, and is later discussed with the urologist with a proposal of a further diagnostic and/or therapeutic path.
Six weeks after the biopsy the patient may undergo surgery.
After this procedure, the patient can not travel by car as a driver, he/she should be under care of an accompanying person.
At the Carolina Medical Center, HIFU CLINIC urologists perform a wide range of minimally invasive surgeries and procedures using the latest medical equipment.
- Robotic HIFU method Robotic HIFU method is one of the most modern and advanced therapeutic methods used in prostate cancer treatment. Its main advantages are very small risk of side effects and the ability to repeat the procedure in the case of tumor recurrence. The essence of this treatment method is the focus of the ultrasonic wave of high energy to a precisely defined area of the tumor. This action causes the thermal effect in the tissue destroying it. In addition, gas bubbles appearing in the cancer cell break it structure. Lasts usually from 90 minutes to 2.5 hours (depending on the size of tumor) Treatment is conducted without cutting the tissue and requires in a short hospitalization (2 or 3 days). You don’t have to remove stitches because they are soluble. We insert urinary catheter and you are going home for ten day. After ten days you have to remove it in our clinic or local clinic. The follow-up consultation should take place not later than six weeks after the diagnostic procedure.
- Da Vinci method Robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy is the most modern and most technologically advanced method of prostate cancer treatment. Robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy is a minimally invasive method of prostate cancer treatment, during which the abnormal prostatic gland is excised together with the seminal vesicles and, in some cases, also regional lymph nodes. The goal of robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy is completely curing the patient and preventing the spread of the disease through metastasis as well as avoiding complications such as urinary incontinence and erectile dysfunction. Lasts between two to three hours. Most patients are discharged from the hospital 4,5 days after the surgery. You don’t have to remove stitches because they are soluble. We insert urinary catheter and you are going home for ten day. After ten days you have to remove it in our clinic or local clinic. The follow-up consultation should take place not later than six weeks after the diagnostic procedure.
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (LRP) is a method for treatment of locally advanced prostate cancer (non-metastatic) in which the whole prostate gland is removed, in some cases together with lymph nodes, through few small incisions in the abdominal skin, through which a laparoscopic camera and other laparoscopic instruments are introduced. Lasts usually from 2.5 to 3.5 hours Most patients are discharged from the hospital 4,5 days after the surgery. You don’t have to remove stitches because they are soluble. We insert urinary catheter and you are going home for ten day. After ten days you have to remove it in our clinic or local clinic.The follow-up consultation should take place not later than six weeks after the diagnostic procedure.
- Open Radical Prostatectomy – a method of treating prostate cancer in the case of organ-limited and locally advanced tumors, which is selected in those cases when open surgery allows for maximum radical surgery.
- Salvage lymphadenectomy – a procedure involving the excision of cancerous lymph nodes involved in the pelvis. It is performed in the case of nodal recurrence after prostate cancer treatment.
|TYPE OF METHOD||WHICH PATIENTS ARE CERTAIN METHOD DEDICATED FOR?|
|Robotic HIFU method/td>||
|Da Vinci method||
|Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy||
|Open Radical Prostatectomy||
Surgical treatment of erectile dysfunction - Penile Prosthesis Insertion
We use a hydraulic penile implant ZSI 475. We use penile prosthesis insertion in men with erectile dysfunctions following, e.g., extensive surgical interventions, when other methods for treating erectile dysfunctions are ineffective. The most important advantages of this treatment include its high effectiveness and about 15 years of reliable work. The prosthesis is inserted during a surgical procedure. Usually, the patient is discharged home 5 days after the surgery, and after about 6 weeks he can have a regular sex life. The follow-up consultation should take place not later than six weeks after the diagnostic procedure.
Surgical treatment of urinary incontinence – Artificial Urethral Sphincter
Men complaining about the problem of urinary incontinence, which is associated with the malfunction of the external sphincter, undergo implantation of an artificial urethral sphincter ZSI 375. The artificial sphincter replaces the natural function of the external sphincter, therefore the patient can fully control the correct holding of urine.